About Schorr Law | Los Angeles Real Estate Attorney
ABOUT ZACHARY D. SCHORR
As an experienced Los Angeles real estate attorney, Mr. Schorr manages an active litigation practice in Southern California. He represents all types of clients ranging from businesses to high net worth individuals. Mr. Schorr is an experienced Los Angeles real estate attorney and litigator who enjoys the litigation process and trials. Zachary D. Schorr has been named to the Southern California Super Lawyers (Rising Stars) list for attorneys in Real Estate for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 (4 years in a row). Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state receive this honor. The selection for this respected list is made by the research team at Super Lawyers.
Mr. Schorr also recently appeared on the November 23, 2012 edition of the Dr. Phil Show where Dr. Phil asked him to comment on the real estate situation that two of Dr. Phil’s guests faced. Mr. Schorr also provided legal commentary on the June 27, 2014 edition of ABC’s Nightline.
Mr. Schorr has developed a track record of successes. Some of his recent trial victories and wins for his clients include:
- $4.618 million fraud judgment against a real estate developer, attorney and construction company;
- A jury verdict resulting in $2.5 million payment to his client;
- Obtained a judgment for adverse possession 100% in favor of his client against Schorr Law’s client’s previous co-tenant concerning an approximately $4 Million Hancock Park property after a 3 week bench trial.
- A jury verdict in favor all five of his clients in a multiparty real estate litigation;
- A complete defense verdict (12-0) on all claims after a lengthy jury trial involving the sale of an airplane;
- An arbitration award in favor of clients being sued for alleged failure to disclosure in connection with real property with no money awarded to the claimant;
- Resolution of an ownership dispute involving over $25 million;
- Successfully Negotiated the Terms of a $$10 Million estate financing deal;
- Successfully defeated a $2.775 million dollar claim for specific performance for the sale of a 9 unit apartment building in Redondo Beach;
- Obtained summary judgment in action to partition jointly owned real property;
- Numerous judgments for quiet title clearing old liens; and
- Numerous large settlements for his clients, over $10 million in dispute in 2014 alone.
Los Angeles Real Estate Attorney Background
Mr. Schorr gained his experience in law by initially working in a well known national law firm, while later honing his skills at a well respected real estate and entertainment boutique law firm. Mr. Schorr then founded Schorr Law, A Professional Corporation in the winter of 2005 with the goal of providing a firm with expertise in a highly focused subject matter that caters to its clients’ specific needs. He has a demonstrated track record of obtaining the results his clients desire.
Mr. Schorr is well-recognized as a leading figure in real estate litigation. He is frequently quoted in media throughout the United States.
Zachary D. Schorr’s Expert Appearance on the Dr. Phil Show
Zachary D. Schorr’s Appearance as a Legal Commentator on ABC’s Nightline
Zachary D. Schorr’s Hollywood Weekly Feature
Los Angeles Real Estate Attorney Zachary D. Schorr’s Media Quotes and Publications
- US News and World Report, “How to Avoid Celebrity Real Estate Blunders”
- US News and World Report “What To Do If You Are Being Sued”
- Time Magazine (Money Magazine): Featured Expert: “How to Sell Your House Without Paying an Agent’s Fee“
- Hollywood Weekly, “For Love of the Argument”
- American Bar Association, Business Torts Journal “Fraudulent Common Area Overcharges in Commercial Leases” – by Zachary D. Schorr
- California Real Property Journal: Arbitration: Determining the Collateral Estoppel Effect of a Private Arbitration Award on Non-Parties In Subsequent Litigation
- Author of “Litigation Prep for Commercial Real Estate Leasing Disputes” published by ReedLogic
- Business Torts Journal, Fading Fiduciary Duties Between Franchisors and Franchisees
- American Bar Association Business Torts Journal, “Enhanced Damages for Elderly Victims of Consumer Fraud”
- Moderator and Presenter for Law Seminars International Legal Education Seminar: “Negotiating Common Area Maintenance Provisions in Commercial Leases”
- Moderator and Presenter for National Judicial Review, Inc.’s continuing legal education seminar “Buyers and Sellers Beware: California Residential Purchase and Sale Agreements, CLE”.
- Philly.com, “Why real estate attorneys are valuable”
- Southern California Homes:“Get Help with Common Real Estate Disputes: An Interview with Zachary Schorr of Schorr Law, A Professional Corporation”
- Buying: Don’t Be Remorseful- The Times of Northwest Indiana, The New Jersey Sentinel
- Omaha World-Herald, “Make sure you’re finding the right house for you – for the long haul”
- Monitor Homes, Law & Order: “From contract to closing, real estate attorneys guide byuers through the process”
- Medical Office Today, “Dealing with Tenants in a Retail Center: Rights and Recourse When Faced with an Incompatible Tenant”
- Multifamily Executive, “Black Sheep”, Property managers must learn how to spot – and prevent – problems with potential residents before they join the flock
- Turks.us – Daily World EU News, “Even Celebrities Haven’t Escaped Misery of Real Estate Deals
- LowesForPros.com, “When a Tenant Sues”
- LowesForPros.com, “Develop a Tenant Handbook”
- Spokane.net, Missoulian.com, “Back and Forth, Back and Forth..” (Buying and Selling With Counter Offers)
- Topsinamerica.com. – Listed as one of the Top Ten Real Estate Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Chicago Tribune, Chicago Daily Herald “Terms of Agreement”
- Philly.com. “Having a good landlord/tenant relationship”
- CBSMoneyWatch.com – Can I Break My Lease If People Bark About My Dog?
- Madison.com, San Angelo Times, Standard Times – Neighbor Nicities: Don’t silently steam in your side of the fence. Here’s how to handle issues that may arise next door
- SpokesmanHomes.com – Negotiation, compromise part of good tenant / landlord relationship
- DallasNews.com – Real estate attorneys guide homebuyers through process
- Monitor Homes , NBC 5 Chicago – Law & Order
- Multifamily Executive – Crime Control: A step-by-step guide on how to purge your property of crime – at a price you can afford
- Author of “Avoid Eviction: How to Successfully Defend Yourself in a CaliforniaUnlawful Detainer Lawsuit”.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Schorr earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science cum laude from the University of California at Los Angeles. Mr. Schorr later obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of California at Davis, School of Law (King Hall) where he was an active member of the moot court program. After law school, Mr. Schorr completed post-graduate legal tax classes at the University of San Diego School of Law.
Mr. Schorr is admitted to practice law in all California state and federal courts, including the California Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts of California.
Mr. Schorr also worked for the Clinton White House for Vice President Gore in the Community Empowerment Board helping develop policy for redeveloping inner cities through tax incentives. During law school, Mr. Schorr was a judicial extern for the Honorable Sabrina McKenna in the 22nd Division of the Hawaii Superior Court.