News From Schorr Law
Zachary D. Schorr, the lead attorney at Schorr Law, has been quoted and interviewed for news organizations across the United States and in Europe. His recent quotes and publications can be accessed at the links below.
- US News and World Report, “How to Avoid Celebrity Real Estate Blunders”
- Hollywood Weekly, “For Love of the Argument”
- American Bar Association, Business Torts Journal “Fraudulent Common Area Overcharges in Commercial Leases” – by Zachary D. Schorr
- California Real Property Journal: Arbitration: Determining the Collateral Estoppel Effect of a Private Arbitration Award on Non-Parties In Subsequent Litigation
- Author of “Litigation Prep for Commercial Real Estate Leasing Disputes” published by ReedLogic
- Author of How to Successfully Defend Your California Unlawful Detainer
- Business Torts Journal, Fading Fiduciary Duties Between Franchisors and Franchisees
- American Bar Association Business Torts Journal, “Enhanced Damages for Elderly Victims of Consumer Fraud”
- Philly.com, “Why real estate attorneys are valuable”
- Monitor Homes, Law & Order: “From contract to closing, real estate attorneys guide byuers through the process”
- Medical Office Today, “Dealing with Tenants in a Retail Center: Rights and Recourse When Faced with an Incompatible Tenant”
- Multifamily Executive, “Black Sheep”, Property managers must learn how to spot – and prevent – problems with potential residents before they join the flock
- Turks.us – Daily World EU News, “Even Celebrities Haven’t Escaped Misery of Real Estate Deals
- LowesForPros.com, “When a Tenant Sues”
- LowesForPros.com, “Develop a Tenant Handbook”
- Spokane.net, Missoulian.com, “Back and Forth, Back and Forth..” (Buying and Selling With Counter Offers)
- Topsinamerica.com. – Listed as one of the Top Ten Real Estate Attorneys in Los Angeles
- Chicago Tribune, Chicago Daily Herald “Terms of Agreement”
- Philly.com. “Having a good landlord/tenant relationship”
- CBSMoneyWatch.com – Can I Break My Lease If People Bark About My Dog?
- Madison.com, San Angelo Times, Standard Times – Neighbor Nicities: Don’t silently steam in your side of the fence. Here’s how to handle issues that may arise next door
- SpokesmanHomes.com – Negotiation, compromise part of good tenant / landlord relationship
- DallasNews.com – Real estate attorneys guide homebuyers through process
- Monitor Homes , NBC 5 Chicago – Law & Order
- Multifamily Executive – Crime Control: A step-by-step guide on how to purge your property of crime – at a price you can afford
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Schorr earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science cum laude from the University of California at Los Angeles. Mr. Schorr later obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of California at Davis, School of Law (King Hall) where he was an active member of the moot court program. After law school, Mr. Schorr completed post-graduate legal tax classes at the University of San Diego School of Law.
Mr. Schorr is admitted to practice law in all California state and federal courts, including the California Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts of California.
Mr. Schorr also worked for the Clinton White House for Vice President Gore in the Community Empowerment Board helping develop policy for redeveloping inner cities through tax incentives. During law school, Mr. Schorr was a judicial extern for the Honorable Sabrina McKenna in the 22nd Division of the Hawaii Superior Court.
Zachary D. Schorr, Esq.Schorr Law, A Professional Corporation
12100 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1050
Los Angeles, California 90025
Telephone: (310) 954.1877
Fax: (310) 402.5972