Los Angeles Business Ownership Dispute Attorney
Schorr Law is pleased to offer its current clients and new clients representation in business ownership disputes. These are internal disputes within companies where the owners of the business, corporation or LLC no longer agree upon management, control and ownership of the corporation. These disputes take many forms, they involve partnership disputes, shareholder driven ownership disputes and family owned business disputes. These disputes necessarily involve a sale of the entire business or a buy out of one owner by a co-owner. At the heart of these disputes typically is a battle concerning management, control and the value of the company at issue.
At Schorr Law, we treat each ownership dispute with the individual attention it deserves. This starts with learning about the business, learning the role of the key players in the business, understanding the long terms plans of the dispute and then understanding the cause of the dispute. By understanding how your business operates we can develop a plan specific for your business on how to deal with the internal dispute in such a way as to not effect the long term profitability of your business.
Business Ownership Disputes take many forms including, but not limited to:
- Dissolution cases – both voluntary and involuntary;
- Actions by and against partners and partnerships;
- Actions and lawsuits between partners;
- Individual shareholder suits;
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims;
- Fraud claims; and
- Shareholder derivative suits.
Our attorneys have experience helping resolve these disputes for both large multi-million dollar, eight figure disputes, down to smaller matters. Our experience includes but is not limited to:
- Helping to resolve an ownership dispute and forced buy out of a business generating approximately $20 million in revenue on a yearly basis – without even having to file a lawsuit.
- Defending an action involving a failed entertainment company involving allegations of self-dealing and breach of fiduciary duties to the entertainment company; and
- Advising our clients on ways to resolve internal management problems and infighting.
In each dispute, we seek to quickly address the value of the business, and the matters causing the parties to desire separation and the most efficient resolution possible.
For a free 30 minute consultation, contact us today.